Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a 545 touring auto .starts up OK everything works OK

I have a 545 touring auto .starts up OK everything works OK put in drive and car seemed to sett of in a higher gear then after5miles the temp gauge goes hot and the speedo and tacho clocks go to zero the engine is nor hot what do you think.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
What warning lights come on ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
None
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

Thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.
.

the problem is either a fault with the engine control unit or the instrument cluster - or a wiring/voltage issue. To verify, you would need to have a BMW scan tool connected to the car which can monitor all live data from all systems when the issues presents itself, to thus identify exactly where the problem is originating (ie cluster or engine control)
.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.

if there are no additional questions please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating