Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Got a 330ci, 2000, central locking not working, key opens

Got a 330ci, 2000, central locking not working, key opens drivers door but not passengers, also central locking button in centre con not wor*****, *****
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
What has been checked so far?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have checked the key fob battery and the car has a new battery too, when we open the drivers door manually it does not open the passenger door either.
Dave
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

Thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.
.

you will need to check your central locking fuses. The bmw database shows fuses 9 24 27 48 49 52 60 67 71 in the glove box fuse panel as those to check, but you should also reference your own fuse card to double check.

.

if the fuses are good, then this means you have a failed general module which is the computer module that manages locking. This is a common issue. You can send it out for repair to https://www.bmwgm5.com/bmwgm5/ or replace it.

.

the general module is located behind the glove box as shown here: https://www.bmwgm5.com/GM5_Removal.htm

.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
if there are no additional questions please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating