Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have an old BMW the warning light came on showing a

I have an old BMW the warning light came on showing a radiator after a few attempts garage renewed radiator light still comes on an it is losing water not onto the road garage has tested and tested and can find nothing the water temperature remains in the middle so doesn't show over heating what can i do?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
How quickly does it lose water?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OVER A FEW DAYS I DON'T DRIVE IT EVERY DAY
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
LAST TIME IT PROBABLY TOOK 5 DAYS BEING DRIVEN LOCALLY EXCEPT TO WATFORD TWICE
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
.
Thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.
.

if the water level is dropping then there are only two options. 1) there is a leak 2) the engine is consuming it due to a blown headgasket, cracked head or cracked block. Leaks can be VERY hard to find so the cooling system needs to be pressure tested to see if the leak can be revealed. If no leak is found, then testing for a blown headgasket needs to be carried out

.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.