Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Bmw m3 2002 pinking around 2500-3500 emissions were high at

hi bmw m3 2002 pinking around 2500-3500 emissions were high at mot seems to be done on power
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Are any warning lights on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no no warning lights
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
Thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.
It is likely the vanos needing a rebuild, not simply a solenoid. This is very common
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you know roughly the cost of this thanks
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Somewhere in the neighborhood of a grand. Please do not forget to click on a positive rating