Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

BMW X5 2005 Parking sensors do not work. With ignition on

BMW X5 2005
Parking sensors do not work.
With ignition on and in reverse the rear ones are clicking. There is one missing at the back, where there is 4 the right middle is missing. On the front 2 are missing and one of the working ones is not clicking.
When I push the p sensor button in the car I get a bleep for around 3 seconds and then is stops, light flashes also.
Thanks you, just purchased this car and am very frustrated.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
What exactly was your question about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The parking sensors are not working. ie there not sounding in the car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If there's a few missing will the system not work at all ?
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
Thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.
The system will not work with any missing sensor or any defective sensor. To restore operation you will need to replace all missing and non working sensors
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.