Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

My bmw warning light came on and the car would not drive

My bmw warning light came on and the car would not drive over 2,000 revs in each gear, I turned the car off and back on the engine light went off and the car is driving normally , do you no what the cause as I have only just bought the car 2nd hand and it's still under warranty from the seller
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Have any diagnostics been carried out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No not yet only happened this morning , I accelerated to over take a car the light came on and I lost power , I drove about a mile home when I turned it off and back on it was fine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you think it was steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there steve
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Sorry for the delay
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
Thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.
I think this is most likely a turbo issue or throttle body issue. You will need to have the fault logs read from the vehicle as a next step in diagnosis
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.