Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have an X reg 3 series bmw, the remote locking does not

I have an X reg 3 series bmw, the remote locking does not work & now neither will the key in door. How do I get in without smashing a window?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 9 months ago.
Do you have access to professional entry tools?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Depends what you mean, I'm an electrician & am currently on site. So could get tools?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Kind of desperate now
Expert:  Steve replied 9 months ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
.
Thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.
.

if the remote and mechanical key are not working, there is no other engineered way into the car.

the best path forward will be to call roadside assistance / tow truck so that a professional door wedge can be used to pry open the door enought on insert a rod to press the console unlock button or pull the door handle twice.

.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you