Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

My radio, parking sensors and seat belt alert all stopped

My radio, parking sensors and seat belt alert all stopped working at the same time but my cd still ejects and takes the cd. My car had a shampoo and vallet about 4 days before if this helps
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
what is the last 7 digits of the vin?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Steve its vh99718
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
.
Thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.
.

I would suggest checking your fuses if you have not but this points to a failed amplifier which would require its replacement. If no amplifier is fitted (ie you have the base stereo) then this would be a failure of the main radio head unit. This is a common issue.

.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've already checked the fuses! Would the stereo unit affect the parking sensors and seat belt alert?
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

Please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating

I am sorry I didn't realize you had checked fuses as I had no way to know this. The reason this affects your sensors and alarm is because the audio for those sounds is run through the main stereo system along with radio/cd/etc. So, these sounds also stopping is consistent with an amp or head unit failure as these are what generates audio output depending on vehicle options. Please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thanks