Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have an x reg 530i with the 3 light problem, i have had it

i have an x reg 530i with the 3 light problem , i have had it diagnosed and shows the abs pump not the ecu is faulty , one number on pump is(###) ###-####is this the ecu number or pump , if its ecu number what part number am i looking for to replace the pump
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 9 months ago.
What is the last 7 of the vin?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ce61608
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i am looking to buy a pump that i will send to be checked , but im not sure what part number i am looking for
Expert:  Steve replied 9 months ago.

one moment please

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i no if i change ecu i have to have it coded to car , but as mine is working fine im just wanting to get the hydro pump then add ecu to it , but trying to find the right pump to go with ecu is realy confusing
Expert:  Steve replied 9 months ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

.

even if you are on a subscription plan with multiple or unlimited questions you must still CLICK ON a positive rating although you will not be charged anything additional beyond your subscription rate
.
Thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.
.

the pump is not sold individually from the control unit (although the control unit is available separately from the pump), so the only part number that exists relating to the pump is for the pair together. that number is ***** here is an example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-5-7-E39-E38-CENTRALINA-ABS-ASC-BOSCH-0265900001-0265223001-CONTROL-UNIT-ECU-/252559696786?hash=item3acdbb2392:g:xhUAAOSwzJ5XZv9r

.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok that makes sense , one more question to do with pump , what other bmw uses same abs pump as mine
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
oops dont worry , i found it on link you sent ,,, many thanx , top rating comming to you
Expert:  Steve replied 9 months ago.

E39 5 series and E38 7 series. Please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating.