Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a 2003 e60 BMW 530d with 77000 miles,have started to

Hi I have a 2003 e60 BMW 530d with 77000 miles,have started to notice a slightly jerky feel in auto gearbox on downshift from 5th to 4th and 4th to 3rd,has had a gearbox oil and filter change at 75000 miles,would the transmission need a software upgrade or what else could cure the problem
Thanks in advance
Chris
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 9 months ago.
Did the issue only start after the fluid was changed?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have only had the car 2 months and oil change was carried out by previous owner
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Is it possible transmission oil change was not done correctly? in service book it states lifegaurd oil and pan filter was used
Expert:  Steve replied 9 months ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

.

even if you are on a subscription plan with multiple or unlimited questions you must still CLICK ON a positive rating although you will not be charged anything additional beyond your subscription rate
.
Thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.
.

sorry for the delay

.

it is possible that the change was done incorrectly or not filled to the proper level. It could also be that the transmission is starting to wear and develop internal mechanical issues.

.

one thing you can try is resetting the transmission - ignition fully on with engine off (second click) then push the accelerator pedal to the floor for 2min. this may or may not help. A software update also may or may not help but is an option.

.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.