Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Every time my local BMW garage changes my summer wheels to

Customer Question

Every time my local BMW garage changes my summer wheels to winter wheels one of the ABS sensors fails(5 times to date) randomly. Service Mamager says he does not have any explanation for the coincidence. Any Ideas.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please continue no explanation so far offered
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

.

even if you are on a subscription plan with multiple or unlimited questions you must still CLICK ON a positive rating although you will not be charged anything additional beyond your subscription rate
.
Thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.
.

there are multiple things this could be, so replacing parts without proper diagnostics being carried out is risky. Possible causes are an issue with the immobilizer/car access system, brake switch, transmission position switch or even the start/stop button

.

the only way this could happen is if the mechanics at the dealership are damaging the sensors either intentionally or accidentally. there is no reason an abs sensors should be even remotely close to touched during a wheel change.

.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.