Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have 2002 318 sport and it has random starting problem.

Customer Question

Hello, I have 2002 318 sport and it has random starting problem. Mostly does not start from cold in the morning. had oil and filters change, fuel pump, spark plugs, HVA valves in BMW dealerships replaced. The battery is working and now didn't have the problem for several months until this morning. It is incredibly random problem and never replicated at a repair service...FRUSTRATING....had keyfob changed few years ago and new key made....Please can you recommend me what to look out for, it is electrical fault on 3 series ???
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: Thanks, ***** ***** do you need? I am reading posts online with people having the same problem. had new battery put in last year, that has not cured it either.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
What exactly does the car do when it does not start?