Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a bmw 1 series 63 plate 2013 i have just put a brand

Customer Question

Hi I have a bmw 1 series 63 plate 2013 i have just put a brand new bat army on it it turns all egnition and lights etc on but when push to start it just hums but then I put jump leads to connection points under the hood and it starts strate up can any one please advise a fix on this please
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
If I put jump leads to battery it still dose not start like there is not any power going to starter from battery only starts from jump points under the bonnet not from battery in boot
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Matt replied 11 months ago.

I'd suggest to double check the main battery connections as it sounds to me like they may not be fitting very well on your new battery or may just not be tight enough or they coudl be corroded

So I'd suggest to use a wire brush on both connectors and the battery post and then refit and tighten so they are snug fit

also check the condition of the main engine earth connection and if any of the high power (40A +) fuses are corroded or broken

Expert:  Matt replied 11 months ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you