Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Why does our X5 pull to the left and to the right? Sometimes

Customer Question

Why does our X5 pull to the left and to the right? Sometimes when you are just driving along, other times when you put the brake on.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 10 months ago.
what part of the brakes were checked?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Not sure. They have suggested the brushes are soft, could this be the cause?
Expert:  Steve replied 10 months ago.

a sticking brake caliper can cause this, as can different effectiveness of brakes on either sides. It could also be something to do with the front end suspension but this is difficult to speculate on remotely. I do suspect it is brake related, I would have the front brakes checked for signs of sticking or differential wear.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
But it does pull when brakes aren't applied, different cambers of the road sometimes.
Expert:  Steve replied 10 months ago.

yes, this would happen if the brake was sticking, as I said.

Expert:  Steve replied 10 months ago.