Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

BMW 535D E61 touring 2007 The key will not disengage the

Customer Question

BMW 535D E61 touring 2007
The key will not disengage the alarm and open the doors, nor does the boot open.
I can lock the car and engage the alarm by using the removable key from the remote, but this sets the alarm off when used to unlock the doors.
I had thought this was something to do with diversity unit, which I have replaced. I have also replaced the rechargeable battery I the remote key, and replaced the wiring on the left hand side of the car, as per other advice received. I have checked all the fuses in the front and rear.
Any ideas?
I live in Cobham, Surrey.
Howard
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 8 months ago.
hi,
what diagnostics have been carried out?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Steve,
What do you mean by diagnostics? If this is takeing the car to BMW, no I haven't carried out diagnostics!
Since experiencing the problem, I have carried out the above replacements and checks just from reading other owner issues on the internet.
One other curious thing that happened at the same time as the remote key stopped working is that the radio station presets were erased. This is why I replaced the diversity unit, but did not solve the problem.
All the best,
Howard
Expert:  Steve replied 8 months ago.

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

your symptoms suggest an issue with the battery sensor or Car Access System control unit. These cannot be diagnosed or serviced at home, so unfortunately you will need to have the faults read from the car with a bmw scan tool at a garage with such equipment

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.