Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Fault code SS03024C on my 2001 2.2i Z3 any idea if this code

Fault code SS03024C on my 2001 2.2i Z3 any idea if this code is related to faulty speed sensor Many thanks for your assistance
Garry
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Forgot to mention -used a C110 BMW scanner to get the codes but no further datastream available on unit only code SS03024C

is the check engine light on?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No only the ASC and ABS warning lights which is usually a speed sensor failure -however when I interrogate the system to find out which sensor has failed I only get the fault code SS03024C code and nothing else on datastream info
does the scanner not give a definition of that code? that is not a common code format...
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No it just reverts back to that code when I go into the datasteam and info options. I use it regulary to diagnose and is usually very good and goes into depth with component location and part number however on this occasion it is only coming up with that code - expected it to be a speed sensir failure when the warning lights came on and have been racking my brains and the internet to get to the bottom of it hence why my last resort was to try on here

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

given what you have described I would actually suspect a failed ABS module. that would explain the nonsense code and inability to read the data stream.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle...

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for the help Steve will look further into the abs module