Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

My wife owns a BMW X3 2.0 diesel m sport x drive and the

Customer Question

Hi. My wife owns a BMW X3 2.0 diesel m sport x drive and the turbo failed last month. Had turbo and all in take pipes replaced. Car has a hesitation and is smokey. Disconnected Maf Sensor and car improved but still not perfect. Any ideas.Regards
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 month ago.
I would suspect that eaither the new turbo is fault/installed incorrectly or that you have a faulty maf/air leak. Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Steve so one of the three above. Turbo has been checked by BMW and installed correctly. Maf Sensor I can replace. How do I check for any other air leaks
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Would a carbon clean and full service help my problem
Expert:  Steve replied 1 month ago.
You would need to have the intake smoke tested to see if there are any leaks. I am doubtful that a full clean would help but it wouldn't hurt if you are due . Please do not forget to click on a positive rating
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Replaced maf Sensor with brand new Bosch one. Checked turbo. Checked all pipes and tightened them. Still a slight hesitation in 2nd gear. Little smoke. At the end of the road with itbti be honest
Expert:  Steve replied 1 month ago.

if you are now chasing a slight hesitation only in one gear that will unfortunately be difficult to identify without very high end diagnostic equipment that can monitor all system data in real time