Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Should alloy wheels with buckles &/or cracks in them be

Should alloy wheels with buckles &/or cracks in them be repaired?
Is this common practice?
How safe are the repairs?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 month ago.
damaged wheels can be repaired. Yes it is common. Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok will do
However how safe is it to repair a crack about 4 ins long?
Expert:  Steve replied 1 month ago.
It is fine. If a professional wheel reconditioner who was looked at the wheel says it can be done, it will be fine. Please kindly click on a positive rating
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks again - will do Steve
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ps can you suggest any ' professionals' near me pls ? I'm in Halifax
Expert:  Steve replied 1 month ago.
I am not able to make local recommendations, it is a restriction of he site. As the question has been answered please kindly select a positive rating
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok understood ( but it's a shame) - how do I know someone is a professional alloyvwheelbrepairer?
Expert:  Steve replied 1 month ago.
Beacuse that's their business and they have the equipment to do it and advertise their services as such and have a shop full or repaired wheels... or you can ask your local main dealer for a referral as they certainly use one. Please kindly select a positive rating. You must click on a positive rating for each answered question
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Good idea - will do