Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

E92 m3 semi box when first cold in morning takes longer to

E92 m3 semi box when first cold in morning takes longer to get out of 1 2 3rd gear then once gone in to them seems to be ok and works fine
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 23 days ago.
how did this issue present itself? did it start out of nowhere?
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Brought the car like it didn't realise
Expert:  Steve replied 23 days ago.

does it labour shifting through the gears, or just rev higher before changing?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
It revs higher seems like it's trying to find the gear once it's gone in to them it's ok and changes gear fine after about 500 meters
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Only when first cold in morning
Expert:  Steve replied 23 days ago.

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

it does not sound like a huge concern to be honest. I would suspect if it is an issue, it is a software/adaptation one, so simply having the transmission software reset and recalibrated will likely resolve it.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.