Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Who can repair a throttle body and check electronics on a

Who can repair a throttle body and check electronics on a 1999 BMW E46 323i model
Can you please clarify what exactly you are seeking ?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am looking for a company or specialist in the UK, who can refurbish a throttle body unit with the code H 1 433 414, which had shown a error message of a Mechanical fault.

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

unfortunately these are not really worth rebuilding - by the time you shipped it and paid labour, you might as well just buy a replacement. Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, I trust my honesty is appreciated.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I appreciate your answer, but in the UK the cost of a Hella unit is £650 or approximately $850 unless available substantially cheaper in the USA, Please confirm

what is the last 7 of the vin of the vehicle?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
AW82384

they can be had for a 20-30% less: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X13541433414.TRS0&_nkw=13541433414&_sacat=0

again I've never heard of anyone anywhere repairing one of thesePlease let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you., they are considered a sealed, single part that is replaced when they fail.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Many thanks for that, there is in fact a company in the UK www.actronics.eu/en/shop/bmw-3-series-e46 who will repair and also ECU's, but not this particular model. One part which I believe could be the problem and can be accessed, is the drive cogged wheel to the butterfly valve and one company, I understand can supply these, but will let you know once I have found them.
Failing which I will obviously have to obtain one off the most expensive replacement parts licensed by BMW, against other manufacturers!

you are welcome. good luck with the repair. Please do not forget to click on a positive rating.