Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I've bought BMW M sport 116i 1 series 65 plate and iv had it

Hi there I've bought BMW M sport 116i 1 series 65 plate and iv had it 7 months it's been in the BMW garage twice now once for a faulty temps turn sensor after I bought it which they didn't cover for warranty and now it's in for a faulty clutch they are telling me which also they are telling me isn't covered by warranty , they had taken gear box out and charged me excess of £390 but told me there is no labour charge and now wanting £400 for the clutch in total it's £890 plus VAT . The car has only done 22 thousand miles iv only done 9 thousand in this car before I purchased it which before was held by a disabled person before, BMW have proceeded to tell me this is all my fault the damage . I'm beginning to think iv bought a car that it's not been checked over correctly

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

Clutches are a wear and tear item like brakes.

How the clutch is used determines it's life.

I've seen clutches worn out at 5000 kms, and still functioning well at 200000km.

How you operate the clutch, as in slippage, off the mark, especially hillstarts etc, determines its life.

Gary

Another tech will give you his opinion soon.

I'll opt out now.

Good luck.

Gary

hi can you please clarify what your question is here?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Why have I been charged £390 to take gear box out to find problem then proceeded to tell me no payment for labour ?

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

390 sounds like it is a labor charge, so if they are telling you no charge for labor, they mean no additional charge for labor

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Shouldn’t this be covered by warranty considering they where only removing gear box to find out the problem .?

it unfortunately depends on the specific warranty you have - they often have a long list of exclusions. As there are two experts involved in this question please take care to select a positive rating on my answer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have the 3 year warranty you get with buying a bmw

okay, the model year of the vehicle was not mentioned, so I didn't know it was new. In that case it would be covered by warranty unless deemed to be due to user error / abuse. I would suggest involving BMW corporate customer service in your case if the main dealer is making you pay. Please do not forget to click a positive rating

Steve, BMW Expert
Experience: BMW Expert
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Where would I get the corporate customer service .. aAnd I have

in the uk correct?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Yeah

Expertise, advice, support.

If something isn’t right and you need our help, please call us on:

0370 5050 160

Calls are charged at the local rate, plus your phone company’s access charge.

We're here:

8am – 7pm Mon - Fri
9am – 5pm Sat - Sun