Chris
Chris, Personal Watercraft Tech
Experience:  Certified personal watercraft technician.
5111025

seadoo xp(NNN) NNN-NNNN we have just bought ours and after five

Customer Question

seadoo xp(NNN) NNN-NNNN we have just bought ours and after five days the ski wont get up on the plain and just shudders, we went to shore and found a stone stuck in the jet outlet, removed it went home, flushed it out and it revved high and plastic mangled came out the jet outlet, what can this be please.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Chris replied 4 years ago.

chrishere0 :

Hello how are you

chrishere0 :

Your ski has what is called a wear ring around the outside of the impeller, over time or when debris are sucked through the impeller/wear ring it becomes damaged, when this happens the gap between the impeller and the ring becomes greater, this reduces the ability of the pump to move water efficiently.

chrishere0 :

Its alot like a clutch slipping in a car or motorcycle. At this point you will need to replace the wear ring and inspect the impeller for damage.

chrishere0 :

The wear ring is part #8 in the link below

chrishere0 :

Please remember to rate my answer, it is the only way i am compensated for my time. My goal is excellent service. If you have any further questions or problems be sure to let me know...Thanks

chrishere0 :

Good Luck

chrishere0 :

How may i assist you further?

chrishere0 :

The info i provided you is exaclty what happend with your ski, i see this issue every day.