Chris
Chris, Personal Watercraft Tech
Experience:  Certified personal watercraft technician.
5111025

our jet ski throtel seems to stick a little, how can we cure

Customer Question

our jet ski throtel seems to stick a little, how can we cure it please.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Chris replied 4 years ago.

chrishere0 :

If your throttle is sticking or damaged in any way i HIGHLY suggest you replace the cable, reason being, you do not have any brakes, and with a 2 stroke engine, if the throttle sticks at a high enough rpm, the kill switch may not shut the engine down. That situation rarely happens with a load on the engine (in the water) however i have had a few rev uncontrolably on the trailer.

chrishere0 :

Please remember to rate my answer, it is the only way i am compensated for my time. My goal is excellent service. If you have any further questions or problems be sure to let me know...Thanks

chrishere0 :

Good Luck