Chris
Chris, Personal Watercraft Tech
Experience:  Certified personal watercraft technician.
5111025

yamaha ski gp 800 r wont move in water

Customer Question

yamaha ski gp 800 r wont move in water
Category: Boat
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

its a simple enough question iv asked a few local people about it and have been told the same thing .so went on here for some professional advice an have been told it will take time to find some one who can help !!! not that professional sorry !!!

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Expert:  Chris replied 4 years ago.

Good morning and welcome to just answer.

If the engine is running and reving, your issue lies in the impeller, i would inspect it for debris, sea weed, a piece of rope etc. It does not take much to cause this to happen. If the impeller is clear, you likely have a worn impeller and housing, the gap between the impeller and pump housing can be no more then .024 in. a larger gap will cause cavitiation, resulting in a loss of pump pressure.