Jeremy R
Jeremy R, Mechanic
Experience:  Multiple factory certifications 20+ years of experience.
8380480

, I bought a 17ft Wilson Flyer, it has a 2004 50hp

Customer Question

Dear sir, I bought a 17ft Wilson Flyer, it has a 2004 50hp yamaha engine High thrust. At the full 6000 revs it has a top speed of 11 knots. Looking on the prop I can only see a figure of 13---. My friend thinks that it is the wrong prop.please could you help me out with your proffesional. I would be very greatful. Other details--- YAM 64J. 2004 L/104523. Thank you. C.C.XXXXX

Category: Boat
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will await an answer thank you
Chris---
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Speaking to a friend to day , he seemed to think it is something to do with getting a prop with the right pitch and thinks I have a wrong pitch.
Ihope this helps
Chris----
Hello Chris,
Thank you for getting back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. Also thank you for providing additional information. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialties differ, and we are searching for the right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Never mind I'll keep asking around, maybe I'll have better luck next time. I'll close my question as of now & reverse the charges as you sugetsted. Thank you for trying to help me, Till next time. Chris----