Jeremy R
Jeremy R, Mechanic
Experience:  Multiple factory certifications 20+ years of experience.
8380480

I have a 1991 Fairline Targa 33. On Thursday I was coming

Customer Question

I have a 1991 Fairline Targa 33. On Thursday I was coming back from IOW. I was doing 20-22 knots until a few miles outside Brighton when it got really rough. I then struggled for speed and the boat was very nose up. Pretty sure I also smelt some burning. Had to keep going though as the sea was rough! The steering was also extremely heavy. I had a look today and the outdrives are as high as they can go. When pressing the buttons to move them down they sound as though they are moving correctly but they don't actually move. I'm on the boat for the next few evenings so if there is anything (Basic) I can look at I would be grateful for the guidance.

Thanks Regards ***** *****

***Had a look last night and the starboard side belt was very loose, may account for the burning smell?

Category: Boat
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Steve,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Hello Steve,
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?