F. Naz
F. Naz, Chartered Accountant
Experience:  Doing Chartered Accountancy
20040807

Ltd what is the percentage of the issued

Customer Question

Hello, for UK ltd what is the percentage of the issued shares capital that gives total control of the company? Is it 51% or higher? Please provide a reference and some details. Best regards, George
Category: Business
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.
It should be 30% or more to be controlling shareholders. The following is the link. Please rate the answer so I get credit for my efforts, thanks. https://www.herbertsmithfreehills.com/-/media/Files/PDFs/2014/The%20Controlling%20Shareholder%20-%20A%20Complex%20Relationship%20for%20Listed%20Companies.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Thanks for your answer. The reference is not specifically for LTDs. Could you please type a more complete description taking into account the variables: special or not resolution, liquidation of the company, appointment of directors and secretaries. I am creating a new LTD and I have a fund raising project. Best regards, George
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.
What is needed is not very clear, if you could further explain exactly what is needed, then I may try to answer, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure, do I need 75% of the share for example in order to pass special resolutions or appoint directors or dissolve my company? I am learning that special resolutions give special rights and are associated with high percentage of shares ownership.
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.
Okay please post this as new question in new thread with its fair value of $150 and also add my name F. Naz before the question so it may be answered in detail by me, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately things look a bit messy. I signed for an unlimited questions service. In addition in the recent past I was assisted by a collegue of yours who answered in much more detail without such a high price (max was 41 euros). I am not interested in being further assisted by you. Thanks.
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.
Okay and take care.