F. Naz
F. Naz, Chartered Accountant
Experience:  Doing Chartered Accountancy
20040807

Im thinking of starting an event re business. ring out

Customer Question

HiIm thinking of starting an event hire business. Hiring out things like marquees, chairs, tables, hot spa tubs etc to cooperate companies and the general public.My brother might come on board with this project but still not sure.I've got a few questions that I need some advice with:1) should I register the company as a limited company?2) the company name will include 'Hire Group Ltd'. Considering I'm a new business, would this be an issue if include with word 'group'.3) I'm thinking of buying one van to start off with, and I intend to have the company signage put on it for advertising purposes. Is there anything else I need to be aware of if I'm advertising my company on my van? Any advertising charges or licence needed?4) What other insurances would I need to have to run this business? For the van and for the business in general?5) One of the services I'm thinking of offering is a Hot tub Cinema package. This service will basically allow someone to hire a large marquee, a few hot spa tubs and a projector to be set up anywhere suitable, garden, park or indoors. Are there any legal restrictions or requirements with this idea?6) When would I need to start charging VAT?7) Lastly, considering I'm new to the business I'm on a tight budget, so I intend to advertise some items I don't own yet on my website.If an order is placed, I would then hire these items from another event hire company to meet requirements. Is this illegal?
Category: Business
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is the best place to find someone or company that can draft a good business plan for this project?
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.

This is for your real business or some kind of assignment? and please explain what is hot spa tubs?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is for a real business.Please follow the link for an example: http://hottubcinema.com
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I am unable to provide the answer for this, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you answer some of the other questions atleast and ignore the ones you cannot answer?
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.

Nopes, sorry, thanks.