Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I have been a lawyer since 1985 and have been a professional on this site for 5 years.
10263656

is a Canadian passport valid for travel to US if the expiry

Customer Question

is a Canadian passport valid for travel to US if the expiry date of passport is five months from the date of travel to the USA
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 3 years ago.

Before I begin I want to explain a bit about how the site works.

It may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.Please do not worry that you will be charged additionally if I ask you questions or if you need to ask me questions. That is not at all how the site works.

As well, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

Finally, as we go through the process please do not feel rushed if I ask you a question. You are always free to take your time to gather more information before you post back. As well, please understand that even after you rate me the post will not lock and you could always come back for further clarification if you think of something a bit later on down the road.

I am not sure what you mean.

Are you asking about entering the US with an expired Canadian passport for example?

Or one that will expire while you are in the US?