Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I have been a lawyer since 1985 and have been a professional on this site for 5 years.
10263656

Hi My sister is dying in Canada her husband will not allow

Customer Question

Hi My sister is dying in Canada her husband will not allow me to talk or visit her she has full mental capacity and has decided that she does not want any more treatment... I have spoken to the nurse when she was in intensive care and they told me she has max 3 months I have spoken to her Husband/Partner (I am not sure they are married as she is under her maiden name) and he told me i can not come out as she only has a few days and now he is saying he has informed the hospice not to speak to me or allow me to visit .. I have now rang the hospice and they wont give me any information... Do I have any rights???? can i visit her ??? and why wont the hospice give me information???
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is Debra and my goal is to provide you with the best possible answer.

To achieve that goal it may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.

But, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

When you spoke to the hospice did they agree to tell her you were calling her?