At the time of our application for permanent residency in Canada

Customer Question

At the time of our application for permanent residency in Canada there was an 18 year old dependant living in England who is not coming to Canada as part of the application. What happens to our application if he refuses to cooperate with Immigration requests for medical info etc. ? He is now 21. We have sponsorship approval for the spouse. all other criteria has been met.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My goal is to provide you with the best possible answer.

To achieve that goal it may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.

But, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

You can tell CIC that he is beyond your control, will not co-operate and you will sign an undertaking that you will not sponsor him at any point in time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have you had experience with this issue before and did Immigration accept what you have proposed as a solution ?

I have not practiced immigration law in many years but this is commonly what is done.

This is not an uncommon situation.

If you want to consult with an immigration lawyer face to face then in most provinces you can contact the Law Society and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be free.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was hoping by the nature of my question that a lawyer familiar with Immigration situations would respond.

I am very familiar will immigration law but I am now semi-retired.

I answered you with the correct information.

You asked what my personal experiences have been.

I will opt out and let another expert take over.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will await a reply from an appropriate experienced expert.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
The answer I got was from a lawyer who did not have experience regarding Canadian Immigration Laws so I am not happy with that.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.

I apologise for the inconvenience but does not have any other Canada Law expert currently.

However, I am going to suggest that you post your question on our US site,, where your question would be made available to a wider range of Experts in your category.

You would need to post a new deposit on You can get a refund of your deposit here:

Thank you and please let me know if you need further assistance,