How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Nicola-mod Your Own Question

Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 15
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Nicola-mod is online now

At the time of our application for permanent residency in Canada

Customer Question

At the time of our application for permanent residency in Canada there was an 18 year old dependant living in England who is not coming to Canada as part of the application. What happens to our application if he refuses to cooperate with Immigration requests for medical info etc. ? He is now 21. We have sponsorship approval for the spouse. all other criteria has been met.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My goal is to provide you with the best possible answer.

To achieve that goal it may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.

But, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

You can tell CIC that he is beyond your control, will not co-operate and you will sign an undertaking that you will not sponsor him at any point in time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Have you had experience with this issue before and did Immigration accept what you have proposed as a solution ?

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 3 years ago.
I have not practiced immigration law in many years but this is commonly what is done.

This is not an uncommon situation.

If you want to consult with an immigration lawyer face to face then in most provinces you can contact the Law Society and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be free.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was hoping by the nature of my question that a lawyer familiar with Immigration situations would respond.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 3 years ago.
I am very familiar will immigration law but I am now semi-retired.

I answered you with the correct information.

You asked what my personal experiences have been.

I will opt out and let another expert take over.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will await a reply from an appropriate experienced expert.


Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
The answer I got was from a lawyer who did not have experience regarding Canadian Immigration Laws so I am not happy with that.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

I apologise for the inconvenience but does not have any other Canada Law expert currently.

However, I am going to suggest that you post your question on our US site,, where your question would be made available to a wider range of Experts in your category.

You would need to post a new deposit on You can get a refund of your deposit here:

Thank you and please let me know if you need further assistance,

What Customers are Saying:

  • PaulMJD helped me with questions I had regarding an urgent legal matter. His answers were excellent. Three H.
< Previous | Next >
  • PaulMJD helped me with questions I had regarding an urgent legal matter. His answers were excellent. Three H.
  • Anne was extremely helpful. Her information put me in the right direction for action that kept me legal, possible saving me a ton of money in the future. Thank you again, Anne!! Elaine
  • My Expert was fast and seemed to have the answer to my taser question at the tips of her fingers. Communication was excellent. I left feeling confident in her answer. Eric
  • I am very pleased with JustAnswer as a place to go for divorce or criminal law knowledge and insight. Michael
  • It worked great. I had the facts and I presented them to my ex-landlord and she folded and returned my deposit. The 50 bucks I spent with you solved my problem. Tony
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex

Meet The Experts:

  • José M.

    José M.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Spanish Attorney
< Previous | Next >
  • José M.'s Avatar

    José M.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Spanish Attorney
  • Ely's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Private practice with experience in common law, civil law, international family law, and international contracts.
  • Anna's Avatar


    Teacher, writer, biologist

    Satisfied Customers:

    Great research skills, variety of work experiences, teaching experience.
  • pdheslin's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    20+ years of internet site creation and search engine optimization. Dozens of search tools at my disposal.
  • Kim D.'s Avatar

    Kim D.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Researcher 20+yrs in small and large institutions
  • findinganswers's Avatar


    Internet Researcher

    Satisfied Customers:

    Internet Researcher, Nurse for over 17 years, and can find answers for you!

Related Canada Law Questions