Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I have been a lawyer since 1985 and have been a professional on this site for 5 years.

What action can be taken on a no win no fee basis against a

Customer Question

What action can be taken on a no win no fee basis against a surgeon in Manitoba who botched an operation?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My goal is to provide you with the best possible answer.

To achieve that goal it may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.

But, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

If your case is strong and the damages high enough to cover the legal fees as well as provide you with an appropriate payment of damages many lawyers would be happy to take this on a contingency fee basis.

That would l mean that the legal fees would be a set percentage and come out of the award.

You can contact the Law Society and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be free.

The number is:

204-943-2305 or toll free 1-800-262-8800 (from outside Winnipeg)