Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I have been a lawyer since 1985 and have been a professional on this site for 5 years.
10263656

I own back tax,s and I have been making payments, as I was

I own back tax,s and I have been making payments, as I was on ei and now I don't get any income ant the taxman what me to pay the full $26,000 and I have told them I don't have kind off money so they have told me that they are going to put me out off my home
is there any think I can do to stop this. I can not get chip loans, any loans as I am not working. I got rsp but the navy will not let me take any out. I don't have the money for a lawyer. I am living on pension I get from the uk $400 a mouth and I can not get welfare
because off pension.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 years ago.
hank you for your question. My goal is to provide you with the best possible answer.

To achieve that goal it may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.

But, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

Have you proven to the CRA that you don't have any income.

How much equity is in your house?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have done that and they have told me that they are going to put me out if I don't pay the full money owning. not mush in equity in house and I own it out right no mortgage

If you own it outright then the full value of the house is equity.

If you can get a mortgage that would be great.

If not, then you can ask to speak to a supervisor, indicate all you have is your house and you have no income now but hope to have some soon.

You can ask for time, or for taxpayer's relief. You can talk about undue hardship etc.