Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I have been a lawyer since 1985 and have been a professional on this site for 5 years.
10263656

My husband was willed property in Nova Scotia.The will specified

Customer Question

My husband was willed property in Nova Scotia.The will specified that he should also receive all of the personal property.Was it necessary to specify the personal property or is it aut
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My goal is to provide you with the best possible answer.

To achieve that goal it may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.

But, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

It is necessary to be clear in a Will so that there is no question in terms of what the Testator wishes to happen.

It did not have to say he receives all the personal property but should have said, at least that the property including it's contents goes to your spouse.