Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I have been a lawyer since 1985 and have been a professional on this site for 5 years.
10263656

My ex wife did leave the country more than 3 years ago I have

My ex wife did leave the country more than 3 years ago I have no way to contact her I have been fixing the house that we have together I want to sell but I need her signature I've been paying morgage all by my self for the last 36 months What can I do I want to sell the house?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 years ago.
You will have to get an order for what is called substituted service. What this means is that you have to prove to the Court that you tried your best to find her and if you can prove that then the Court will allow you to serve hher through an alternative way, such as serving her family, advertising in the local paper etc.

But, you do need to be able to show your efforts to locate her or the Court will not consider your request.

And you would be serving her with a Claim which would be to get an order for the sale of the house.

It is quite complex and it will be by far better to get some help from a lawyer at least to draft the Claim.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How could take her name aout of the house??

With a court order you can do what the order says.

So the court may order that her signature is not needed.