Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I have been a lawyer since 1985 and have been a professional on this site for 5 years.
10263656

what is the companies house equivalent in Canada ? I want

what is the companies house equivalent in Canada ?
I want to look up a Canadian company.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My goal is to provide you with the best possible answer.

To achieve that goal it may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.

But, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

You would do a corporate search through the government office in the province where the company is located.

For example, for Ontario you would do the search here:

https://www.services.gov.on.ca/locations/serviceDetails.do?locale=EN&id=11590

You can do a google search and type the name of the province and the words "corporate search" and then choose the governmental choice rather than a company that will charge you to do the search.