Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I have been a lawyer since 1985 and have been a professional on this site for 5 years.
10263656

Hi I am after some advise on emigrating to Canada. I am planning

Hi I am after some advise on emigrating to Canada. I am planning on buying a working ranch for 2-4 million us dollars this will still leave me a safety net of 3-4m dollars. i wish to move my family and a friend and his family out to Canada. I would still work in Malta and travel back and forth for the next couple of years until i retire. both families are in their early mid fourtys and the children age between 6-10 5 in total. Naturally we would be financially stable and owning a business that has a regular income. My friend will have a percentage of the company but i will own the majority. His financial status is he has approx 150 k GBP of personal monies. i look forward to hearing from you. BC Canada as an area by the way.
Guy Tonkins
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My goal is to provide you with the best possible answer.

To achieve that goal it may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.

But, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

This can work quite well for you and your family. But you cannot have a friend and his family as part of your application. That is not possible. You can offer the friend a job and he can apply for a work permit and bring his family with him but that will not get him permanent residency status.

For you, you can apply under the self-employed stream so long as you have had prior farming experience as you are planning to operate a farm in Canada.

Here is a link to the information you will need:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/business/self-employed/
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If he owns a part of the company would that not entitle him to work their and live if he earns enough money

Cheers

It would be possible but he has to show he has enough to invest.

A lot is at stake here. It would make sense to retain an immigration lawyer in BC to assist both families in your applications.