Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I have been a lawyer since 1985 and have been a professional on this site for 5 years.
10263656

Is it possible to emigrate to Canada as a retired person from

Customer Question

Is it possible to emigrate to Canada as a retired person from the UK.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My goal is to provide you with the best possible answer.

To achieve that goal it may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.

But, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

To apply for permanent residency in Canada you have to fall within one of the different classes or categories that gives you the grounds you need to immigrate to Canada.

As you've likely seen this is most common way to apply is as a skilled worker unless on has a spouse or child to be the sponsor.

There is no retirement category.

If you have considerable funds there is a possiblity of coming in as an investor but otherwise it's not really possible to immigrate and be retired.

I am sorry about that.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can I buy property in Canada with out a resident. Can an individual work with a work visa but have no LMO

You can buy property.

You cannot get a work permit without an LMO unless you have a spouse with a work permit.