Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I have been a lawyer since 1985 and have been a professional on this site for 5 years.
10263656

Mitigating circumstances. Please use the space below to write

Customer Question

Mitigating circumstances.
Please use the space below to write what you want about the offence and yourself.mitigating circumstances are facts about the offence or yourself which tend to make the offence less serious.So how can I write it to present in the court
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My goal is to provide you with the best possible answer.

To achieve that goal it may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.

But, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

I cannot write this for you but can explain what you need to consider.

What you are showing here is not that you didn't commit the offence but that perhaps you had some grounds for committing it.

Mitigating circumstances can be things like you co-operated with the investigation, you are showing remorse, you feel regret, you were provoked, something about your character, background, perhaps that you contribute to society through community service, etc.

I hope that helps.