Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I have been a lawyer since 1985 and have been a professional on this site for 5 years.
10263656

I married a Canadian citizen 12 th jan 2015 ,who lives and

I married a Canadian citizen 12 th jan 2015 ,who lives and works in Canada Ontario he has his own home and business , i have moved to Canada and have found out I'm expecting , I miss my family in England Im a British citizen , but applying for Canadian citizenship as well , how often can I visit England and are there any laws to stop me going over ? Thank you
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 1 year ago.
Absolutely not. You are free to come and go from the UK as you please. You are not subject to UK immigration control as you are a UK citizen.
May I help further?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there any laws for me entering back into Canada ive been told to get a citizenship for Canada I have to live there 3 yrs out of 4 .
I cannot answer for Canadian law, I can only answer on UK law. For the Canadian question, you will have to ask a Canadian lawyer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My question hasn't really been answered , I still don't know if it's against the law to travel backwards and forwards to Canada , Ontario , London .
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search (and pass the question to an Expert in Canada Law.) If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you will wait
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
I can help you with this.

Are you a permanent resident yet and if so when did you acquire your residency?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes permanent residency since 21st jan 2015
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
To maintain your PR status you have to be physically present in Canada for 2 full years out of each 5 year period.

And to get citizenship you have to be physically present in Canada for a total of 3 years in the 4 years preceding the application.

So you can go home for visits but keep track of the days and be able to prove how long you've been physically present in Canada for.

Have your passport stamped each time you leave and return.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What does PR status mean and if I have a job in Canada and have applied for their free health care service is this still the same ? Thank you
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
PR stands for permanent residency,

I don't know what you mean by your question about the job and health care.

If you were granted permanent residency status by the government then my answer applies.
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience: I have been a lawyer since 1985 and have been a professional on this site for 5 years.