Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I have been a lawyer since 1985 and have been a professional on this site for 5 years.
10263656

My brother in canada left me a share of his estate. There were

Customer Question

my brother in canada left me a share of his estate. There were defined pecentages left me
in the will both as a beneficiary in the main will and also with 50% of the residue. The lawyer in canada has substituted the residual percentages to suit himself, and refuses
to answer any letters on the matter. I would add that as a pensioner I cannot afford to travel to ottawa to fight this attitude. can you help please?
Regards,
Owen Bird
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 years ago.
Who is the executor and why did the lawyer change the 50%? I need the basic facts please.