Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I have been a lawyer since 1985 and have been a professional on this site for 5 years.
10263656

My Canadian uncle died 10 years ago in Canada. Is it possible

My Canadian uncle died 10 years ago in Canada. Is it possible to find out what was in his will?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
Yes it is. You can contact the courthouse is the jurisdiction where he lived before his death.His Will and all the documentation relating to it's probate are in a court file that is a matter of public record. Anyone can access it. It will be stored in the archives now so you will need the clerk of the courthouse to either requisition it for you or tell you how to get it. The information you need is your uncle's full name and the date of death. You will be charged a small fee for photocopying but that is all.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How can I find the relevant courthouse?

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
Here is a link that should help:http://www.ag.gov.bc.ca/courts/overview/locations/