Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I have been a lawyer since 1985 and have been a professional on this site for 5 years.
10263656

I claimed in uk and my application is pending so

Customer Question

I claimed for asylum in uk and my application is pending so now can I apply for canadian work permit while my application is pending and also I applied for FLR(O) in last year but they refused me in February but my solicitor didn't get any letters from home office then when I confirm my application is refused its already past around 2 month then I claimed for asylum,now questions is can i apply for canadian work permit while my application is pending ?
And those two months will be over stay and will be problems to get canadian work permit?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 6 months ago.
I am not fallowing. Where have you overstayed?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I mean those two months will be counted as over stay in uk,I am living uk and applied for asylum
You can still apply for a work permit. The fact that you are claiming asylum in the UK may make it harder for you to succeed. You will not be permitted to enter Canada if there is any concern that you will not leave. So the fact that you overstayed will not matter very much because it is clear that you wanted to declare refugee status but the fact that you have declared refugee status could cause a problem because the immigration officer who is the one who will decide whether you can enter not we may say that there is a strong chance that you will not leave.But, there is certainly no harm in trying.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Actually I wanna settle down in canada ,some agency said me that they will provide me a job in canada if I pay them around £6000 ,I have to pay them all amount before make a application for canada .they said it's a online application and once I get the acceptance letter from canada then I can go back home and can get visa from back home ,as I claimed asylum and my passport in home office ,now question is
1.as you said it might impact in my application because I claimed for asylum
So if I applied for canada how much chances to get successfull in 100?
2.if uk refused my asylum and before that if I get acceptance letter from canada and then if I go back home and then submit my passport for canada will it be a problem to get visa in my passport as I refused asylum in uk where I already had canadian visa acceptance letter ?
This agency sounds like a scam and you should not send them any money. If you want to pay for some help you should retain an immigration lawyer to assist you. You should not use a consultant or an agency. You will have little way of knowing which are legitimate and they take advantage of potential immigrants. Lawyers are regulated by a law society and will not scam you. I cannot possibly know what your chances are but get a job offer through a legitimate route and then apply for the permit and then you will know whether you can get the permit or not. It will not hurt you if you are refused by the UK.