Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I have been a lawyer since 1985 and have been a professional on this site for 5 years.
10263656

I am applying working holiday visa. I have just received the

hi, I am applying for a working holiday visa. I have just received the invitation and I have to apply for a work permit. I work as a nanny and my problem is when being asked to write down my jobs for the past 10 years, I do not see my profession in any category, not even something close to it. Do you know which category the nanny profession falls in ?
Also as a nanny I have had many unreported positions and I have to write down the names of my previous employers but I feel a bit uneasy about it. Should I be worried that it will bring problems to me and the families who hired me in the past?
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
sorry I'm talking about the Canadian Working Holiday Visa
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 10 months ago.

When you say you arevworried it'll bring you and the people you work for problems what exactly do you mean?

Where do these people live?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't know exactly what kind of problems but because it was unreported work, by giving the names of my former employers, the people in charge of granting work permits might be looking into it. I don't really know how these things work. Will they investigate ? Check my taxes ... ?
Where did you do the work?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
in Australia (Sydney), in England (London) and in Scotland (Glasgow)

I understand. First, this will not hurt them as they have nothing to report.

You didn't report your income but that has nothing to do with this program and Canada Immigration will not be checking your tax returns from the UK.

But did you check to see if you are eligible? Have you tried to get put into the pool yet?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have received the invitation from the Canadian immigration so now I have a couple of days to submit my working permit application
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
This year, the Canadian working holiday visa system for French citizens has changed. There is no more rounds and quotas anymore. We only have to apply and then wait for an invitation and once you have received it you need to apply for a work permit, which is where I am at right now

You never mentioned you were from France! The question info says you are in the UK.

Did you fill this out earlier?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/submit-profile.asp

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I live in Glasgow. Sorry for the lack of information. I forgot to say I was French. Yes I did fill out that application last January and received an invitation 4 days ago

Then all you have to do is provide all documentation you can to prove what you set out in your profile.

If you said you worked for a certain number of years you now have to prove it. But they will not be looking at you tax situation.

You will show that you were a caregiver for these various families and hopefully you will be able to prove that with letters from the employers if possible.

Do you see what I mean?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok I understand. I know I have to provide police checks from every country I lived in for the past 5 years I think but I didn't know anything about providing reference letters from my previous employers. For the category I choose : Education, law and social, community and government services occupations and then for the job title : Home care providers and educational support occupations. I think that's the closest I can find to my profession.

It's not reference letters really. They don't have to recommend you but they have to say you worked for them and when.

That is the correct category.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok thanks. One more thing, on the application I got this question : Have you ever participated in International Experience Canada before?
I have applied for the past 2 years but never got through. Does it count as participating ? because if so they ask the exact date I did and I honestly do not remember besides the year.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I also got that question : Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada? and then they ask my UCI (Unique Client Identifier). I'm not sure I had one but if I did I do not remember it.

No you did not participate before.

You would say you applied through this program before but were not given an invitation.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok so I should just say no for both questions then

No for the second question you would say you applied for this program before.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the question is : Have you ever participated in International Experience Canada before?
It's a yes or no question with no explanation possible and then you have to give them the exact date when you last did (day/month/year) which I do not recall

You did not participate in it.

You did apply to enter Canada but didn't get the invitation.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry I find it very complicated and confusing

Have you ever participated in International Experience Canada before?

No

Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada? and then they ask my UCI (Unique Client Identifier).

I applied for the working holiday visa before but never got an invitation.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
participating would mean that I had got through the rounds which I did not

Yes

Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience: I have been a lawyer since 1985 and have been a professional on this site for 5 years.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok thanks

You are very welcome.

I am glad you got the invitation. I hope you have a wonderful experience!

If we are done please be sure to rate me before you go so that I can receive credit for my work.