Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I have been a lawyer since 1985 and have been a professional on this site for 5 years.
10263656

Is there a form to provide proof of identity to a Realtor

Is there a form to provide proof of identity to a Realtor (estate agent in Canada)?
I have typed a sheet giving name address,DoB, Passport info & Driving Licence info, Birth, Marriage & Divorce Certificates plis change of name- I have copied the said certs to send.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

What province is the agent in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
BC
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

There is no specific form that you must use unless the realtor has a form they want to use.

The law is that they all real estate agents must identify all clients and keep this personal information in a file in their office for 5 years.

They need your birth date and occupation. They need to use government issued ID. They don't have to keep copies of the ID but can just record the information from it.

Does that help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is fine thank you
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome.

If we are done please rate me before you leave the site so that I can receive credit for my work.

Thanks and take good care.