Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I have been a lawyer since 1985 and have been a professional on this site for 5 years.
10263656

Once you child is divorced from his significant other and

Customer Question

Once you child is divorced from his significant other and there are children involved, are you able to go to the childrens events, sports games when the children are in the custody of the other parent? is the father allowed to go as well when children are in the mothers care.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Unless there is something in an order or agreement the other parent can attend these events.

As well unless there is an order against the grandparent directly there is nothing stopping the grandparent from going to the events.

Does that fully answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?