Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I have been a lawyer since 1985 and have been a professional on this site for 5 years.
10263656

We allowed someone to temporally park a car on our properly.

Customer Question

We allowed someone to temporally park a car on our properly. We have emailed this person numerous times and called him after the car had been here for more than a year with no response. He has not paid us anything. What are our rights? We have sold our property and need it removed. It is a 2010 car and in fairly decent condition. Is there a rule of “possession is 9/10th the law” or something like that? Is there a legal method where we can claim the car and change the ownership and check for any liens against it?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

What province are you in please?