carlday1
carlday1, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

Just brought a pioneer DEH-1600UB car stereo I can turn off

Just brought a pioneer DEH-1600UB car stereo I can turn off the demo mode and back to the set up mode every time
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.

carlday1 :

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help with your question.

I think the problem is down to the yellow wire on the connector at the back of the stereo. The yellow wire should be connected to a permanent 12v feed, it is this wire that keeps the radio alive so that it rembers all our settings if this wire is not connected or connected to a switched 12v feed the radio will forget everything each time you turn off the ignition.

If you could let me know how you wired the stereo and the type of car I will be able to help more.

Customer: I just connected the existing wiring block to the new block supplied with the stereo.
Customer: The car is a Astra ls1.3 year 03
carlday1 :

Did you have any problems with the old stereo?

Customer: No
carlday1 :

Sorry for the delay do you have access to a multimeter?

carlday1 :

One thing to check is that the red wire of the car is connected to the red wire of the stereo and the yellow wire of the car is connected to the yelllow wire of the stereo.

Customer: Thanks I'll check the wiring hope that sorts it out