Michelle
Michelle, Engineer
Experience:  Bsc computer science
26798893

have a deh-5600bt tried to install into a 1996 vaxhall tygra.....plays

Customer Question

have a deh-5600bt tried to install into a 1996 vaxhall tygra.....plays for about 2minuets
then goes off.....the origonal radio a sony works perfectly
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Michelle :

Hi this is Michelle and i will be assisting you today.

Michelle :

how old is the DEH-X5600BT - Pioneer car stereo.

Michelle :

did you install it your self or have someone install it for you.

Customer:

brand new 2014 model. yer i installed it myself. went to halfordfs, they tried a new unit, did exactly the same, one radio works, the other doesn't

Michelle :

try to remove from the dashboard unplug the audio cable connected and let the power cable be connected to the stereo and then try to connect a usb drive which should contain mp3 songs.

Customer:

already done

Customer:

there is no sound from the speakers

Michelle :

as you power on the stereo and connect the usb the stereo show show up playing on the front screen panel though you have not connected the audio connector to the stereo

Customer:

tried using blue power amp cable incase it needs extrernal amp. still no joy

Michelle :

does it show the display playing the songs or it shuts down

Customer:

yer unit powers on

Michelle :

as you said in your question that after playing for 2 mins the stereo shuts down try unplugging the audio connector and then try to play more then 2 mins and tell me if it shuts down or not

Customer:

no the unit doesnt shut down

Customer:

the sound went off after 2 mins

Customer:

no sound at all from this radio now

Customer:

but old unit works

Customer:

unplugged and plugged back in 500 times

Michelle :

its not necessary the audio connections for the old unit is good to go with your new stereo.

Customer:

?

Customer:

like i said, no sound from unit. halfords which in the UK is the leading car parts shop cant get figour out why there is no sound

Michelle :

please answer my question if you unplug the audio connector and just connect the power cable and turn on the stereo does it stay on for more then two minutes as you said eariler that it shuts down/

Customer:

yes it stays on for more than 2 mintuetes. i ment the sound goes off after 2 mintutes

Customer:

that was when i first plugged it in, now there is no sound at all

Michelle :

when the audio port is not connected to the stereo and just the power cable connected when you turn on the unit you are saying it shuts down after 2 mins is that correct.

Michelle :

please confirm this to me then i can tell you the problem.

Michelle :

there has been changes that the existing audio connection might have changes as well with the new stereo.

Customer:

dont matter.

Michelle :