bluextc89
bluextc89, Repair and Installation
Experience:  7+ Years Small Business Owner - Certified Sales And Service of Electronic Items for Home and Vehicle.
22516588

I have Kenwood KDC-C469 CD Auto Changer but can not get

Customer Question

I have Kenwood KDC-C469 CD Auto Changer but can not get the cartridge to eject? please can you help.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  bluextc89 replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for stopping by:
Hopefully this is a limit out-of-order issue. The unit checks internal limits in a particular order to be sure each is met before the next is allowed. If resetting the unit does not work - Disassembly is the only other option. These units do not have a manual eject like a Computer drive. The cartridge sucks in and locks in place before the CD is withdrawn. Without certain limits reporting - it will never unlock.
This can mean a bad limit switch, or even a bad eject motor.
Let's try a reset and cross our fingers....
First unplug the main connector at the changer. Wait 5 minutes - then plug it back in.
It should go through an initialization process and reset all the limits.
You should hear clicking and buzzing while it checks limits and moves parts around.
Then re-try.
If it doesn't help... unplug the changer... power on the radio... and reset the radio. Once the radio is back playing normally, turn it off and plug in the changer, then re-try once it stops the initialization process.
Let me know if you require additional.
Thanks!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your reply.

I have carried out all you said in your reply cartridge still not ejecting. However when radio is turned on then go to disk it reads E-- 99 can you explain this.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you got your reply, cd cartridge still not ejecting.

Carried out reset as advice. Code E--99 coming up on radio when in disk mode, this mean anything to you.

Thank's

Expert:  bluextc89 replied 2 years ago.
E-99 indicates a stuck/jammed CD.
Unfortunately, it will need to be disassembled.
There's no way to unlock the cartridge from the outside.
Thanks!